Purchase Artwork by Jude Allen Quinn @redbubble

Saturday 3 December 2011

How's it going?

Coffee black, nose bunged, robe adorned, tissue wet.

In essence this synopsis of tonight could apply to every day so far this week. I've been ravaged by the terrible affliction that is man flu and it shows no sign of shaking. Although my mind knows that the horror must end soon. If any hope is to be drawn from this evening it is that the razor blade stuck in my oesophagus seems to have shifted, only to be replaced  by shifting layers of phlegm, each thicker than the last, might I add.
    While it may seem that I feel very sorry for myself, I find no shame in this. For self pity and deprication are two of my more refined qualities/personality traits. Qualities of which I am proud and often boast in social circles. I am, however, not in the habit of dwelling on my misfortunes and can announce the completion of four short stories. Intertwined and overlapping, they may eventually form the basis of some novel or series of novellas. At the moment though, the plan is to publish as a collection of short stories. Obviously they must go through the editing process, but we will save that for some talented acquaintances and the new year. Below you may notice that I have shared one such short story, though I must add that this will be the last from the series to be published so frivilously! I am,  of course, of proud Scottish ancestry and tight fisted by proxy.
    If you enjoy what you read then perhaps you would like to share the experience with another. I for one do not give a flying fiddler's who follows me, and often prefer not to be followed - mostly when in possession of cash or a decent phone. I would, though, appreciate any feedback you may like to share.

Ciao

Jude

No comments:

Post a Comment